Inverness Swimming Club is based at Inverness Leisure in Queens Park, Bught Lane, Inverness. The Club offers all members the opportunity to fulfil their potential as a swimmer by improving swimming technique and increasing athletic fitness while promoting self-discipline, teamwork and self-esteem. This is carried out in a friendly, positive environment where it is hoped lifelong values are instilled and goals are set, achieved and if possible surpassed.
The Club’s aims are
To promote the development of its members by:
- Offering tailored training programmes
- Entering competitions
- Coaching competitive techniques
- Maintaining records of swimmers’ times
- Participating in Highland and National training schemes
- Identifying other incentive schemes
- Developing links with pool teaching staff
To promote the development of its coaches by:
- Identifying training events
- Seeking funding for coaches’ and officials’ training
- Becoming associated to agencies for the benefit of coaches’ development
- Providing opportunities for coaches to meet and plan training
- Supporting coaches at pool-side and away meets
To promote the development of the club by:
- Entering external competitions
- Having representation on the Highland Swim Team, SASA meetings and Inverness Sports Council.
Club Policy Documents
Policy documents followed by the club are detailed below. To view any of them just click on the title.
Swimmer Code of Conduct – How swimmers can set a high standard of behavior when on Club activity.
Swimwear Policy Jan 2018 – Outlines the correct swimwear for club members
Parent and Spectator Code of Conduct – The support we would like from swimmer’s parents and spectators at the pool.
Privacy Statement – How we will collect, store and protect information new swimmers provide when they join the club.
Data Protection – How the data you provide when joining the club is used
Grievance Policy – Club policy and procedures to be followed by swimmer/parents in the event of a grievance wishing to be raised.
Disciplinary Policy – Procedures operated by the club in the event of disciplinary issues.
Mobile Phone Policy – As an affiliate club Inverness Amateur Swimming Club operates Scottish Swimming’s Mobile Phone policy. Swimmers or swimmers parents will be required to sign agreeing to adhere to this policy.
There are ‘mobile phone free’ areas within the Club setting. These are areas that are considered to be the most vulnerable and sensitive:
– Changing Rooms
There is a zero-tolerance policy in place with regards to use of mobile phones by any individual in these areas
For general enquiries, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining the club, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org